At a time of a challenge or a tough situation, a child should be able to face it head-on. Often the things that are taught in the school prepare students only for the academic success. Integrated learning is the combination of the lessons being taught in the school with respect to the real world problems. It is a system that is meant to permit the students to link their learnings to their lives and imply them practically. It can be an amalgamation of two or more subjects and revolves around various topics.
At Kaintal School, known as the best ICSE school in Patiala, we have come up with a list of reasons why integrated learning is essential for the overall growth of a child:
• Students link their learnings to what they experience on a day to day basis. It encourages a way of learning that imitates real life.
• From biology to physics every subject is somewhat connected. Integrating various subjects while making students understand helps them prosper in multiple disciplines.
• Integrated learning fosters various skills like creativity, reasoning, and critical thinking and help them increase the ability to make important decisions.
• When students encounter challenges they learn to bring together various methods to solve them.
• When given assignments that reflect integrated learning students learn to link the subject to the world around them. They take help from live examples.
• Students learn more from practicing rather than cramming. Therefore, they need to solve problems that give them an insight into how things work in real life.
• When students think outside the box it makes them more self-aware because they get to unravel their thinking potential. It opens a door to a lot of opportunities as well.
• You cannot function properly without taking help from others while you are trying to solve problems. Thus, integrated learning helps the student to connect with each other.
Topping the list of ICSE schools in Patiala, at Kaintal School, students are directed to infuse their day-to-day life with what they learn at school.